The following sources were used to document this individual.
- 1860 Jasper County, Missouri Federal Census, hh 199, 15 Jun 1860, Ancestry.com, www.ancestry.com.
Listed as Able Feals.
- 1870 Benton County, AR Federal Census, Image 86, hh 584, pg 87, 2007, Ancestry.com, www.ancestry.com.
Not correctly indexed. Listed without a real estate value; personal property $500. Wife and children enumerated Macarina through Laura
- 1880 Navarro County, Texas Federal Census, hh 175, pg 485, Ancestry.com, www.ancestry.com.
- Donald Paul Graham, Ancestors and Descendants of my Great Grandparents Benjamin Johnson Thurmond and Martha Frances Crowder (Photocopy of handwritten book written in the 1970's 1980's), Tennessee State Library, Nashville, TN
- 1850 Maury County, Tennessee Federal Census, household 545, National Archives, Washington, DC.
Names wife and children through Green Washington with half brothers William and Richard. Lists Abel as age 31.
- Index to Wills and Administration, Washington County, Arkansas, Adm,Book F,p 69,137, 1872, Tennessee State Library, Nashville, TN, F410.S73.
"Comes now on this day Virginia Fields widow and Reliek of Abel fields deceased and by the testimony of Henry G. Hartley, Jessee Goodman and Alexander Hewitt, three reliable Witnesses, stated that the estate of Abel Fields deceased at the time of his death owned an possessed certain personal property described as follows: to wit tow horses two cows and calves some thirty three hogs one waggon and household furniture valued at forty five dollars the whole amount of said estate does not exceed in value two hundred and twenty five dollars including all the personal property belonging to said estate. Praying the Court to make an order to vest said estate in her absolutely as said widow. And the court after hearing the testimony of the said Witnesses is of the opinion that the prayer of said petitioner should be granted. It is therefore ordered by the court that the estate of Abel Fields Deceased consisting in personal property and chooses in action (to) pass to and vest absolutely in Virginia Fields the widow and Reliek of Abel Fields deceased and that she hold the same as her absolute property.
April the 27th 1872"
- Independence Cemetery, Norman, Cleveland County, OK, USA, findagrave.com.
- Marriage Book 1838-1852, Maury County, Tennessee, Maury County Courthouse, Columbia,Tn.
Issued 31 Oct 1846; not returned by the officiant to the County Court Clerk's Office. No license extant.
- Tennessee Marriage Records, Maury County, Tennessee, P36, Tennessee State Library, Nashville, TN, F443.M4A42.
Return to group sheet