The following sources were used to document this individual.
- Bowdish, Cyrus and Maryella, Five Generations of Bowdish and Bowditch Families in America, Private printing, 1985, 1985, New Bedford Public Library, Genealogy Dept and Archives, 613 Pleasant Street, New Bedford, MA, USA.
- Compiled by Leslie Potter and John King, 1778 Petition from the Residents of the Saratoga and Cambridge Districts of New York to Governor George Clinton, Came from the History of Washington County, New York, pg 21, Saratoga NY GenWeb Project, www.rootsweb.com.
Signer of the Petition to protect the northern frontier.
- 1810 Seneca County, NY Federal Census, 1810; Census Place: Junius, Seneca, New York; Roll: 36; Page: 174; Image: 114.00., 1810, Ancestry.com.
Enumerated next to a James Tripp.
- 1820 Seneca County, NY Federal Census, Junius, Seneca, New York; Roll: M33_75; Page: 390
- New York Military in the Revolution
, Electronic reproduction of New York in the Revolution as Colony and State, Vol. II, originally published in 1897.
Albany County Militia -- Thirteenth Regiment.
- Military minutes of the Council of Appointment of the state of New York
, Vol 1. pg 113, 1783/1821, Ancestry.com.
Bowdish, Gideon - Adjutant.
- James A. Roberts, Comptroller
, New York In The Revolution as Colony and State
, Compiled by Frederic G. Mather
Second Edition 1898
Additional Names on State Treasurer's Pay Books.
- A history of the village of Waterloo, New York : and thesaurus of related facts
, Chapter 3, pg 51, Ancestry.com.
Gideon Bowdish elected Town Clerk, 1 Mar 1803.
- Grip's Historical Souvenir of Waterloo, N.Y.
, pg 101, Ancestry.com.
"In 1797 Gideon Bowdish settled near the old Quaker meeting house north of the village."
- Junius, Seneca County Jury List 1806, Junius County, NY GenWeb
- 10,000 Vital Records of Western New York , 1809 - 1850, p 27, Ancestry.com
Return to group sheet