The following sources were used to document the early Groton Avery family.
- Sweet, Homer DeLois, Averys of Groton (Press of the Rice-Taylor Printing Co, Syracuse,NY,1894)
- Elroy McKendree Avery and Catherine Hitchcock (Tilden) Avery, The Groton Avery Clan, Cleveland, 1912
- Family Data Collection, Ancestry.com
- Heritage Consulting. Millennium File Provo, UT, USA: (The Generations Network, Inc., 2003. Original data), Ancestry.com
- 1851 Census of Canada West (Ontario), Oxford County, Norwich, Image 131, Ancestry.com.
Comment: Elizabeth Munsell Avery, widow, is living, age 77 near son Orin Avery. Thus, Moses Avery is deceased prior to this census.
- 1830 Bennington, Genesee County, NY Federal Census, Roll 90, pg 133, 1830, Ancestry.com.
There is a Moses Avery in the 1830; Census Place: Charlotte, Chautauqua, New York; Roll: 86; Page: 309. - this is the wrong Moses as the age does not fit.
Return to Groupsheet