The following sources were used to document this individual..
- Sweet, Homer DeLois, Averys of Groton (Press of the Rice-Taylor Printing Co, Syracuse,NY,1894)
- Elroy McKendree Avery and Catherine Hitchcock (Tilden) Avery, The Groton Avery Clan, Cleveland, 1912
- The Lake County Star, Newspaper, Lake County, Michigan. "Progress in Lake County", February 13, 1879
- Civil War Service Records, Box: 559;Extraction: 1; Record: 3186, Ancestry.com.
- Civil War Soldiers, American, Historical Data Systems, comp.. American Civil War Soldiers [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network.
Enlisted as a Private on 29 August 1864 Enlisted in Company C, 42nd Infantry Regiment Wisconsin on 29 August 1864. Mustered out on 20 June 1865 in Milwaukee, WI - Residence was Dekorra, Columbia County, Wisconsin.
- Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865
, Wisconsin Historical Society, 816 State Street, Madison, WI 53706-1417.
- 1840 Jefferson County, NY Federal Census, Ancestry.com.
John Avery enumerated in Watertown, NY.
- 1860 Clinton County, Michigan Federal Census, Ancestry.com.
Living with father John Avery.
- 1870 Clinton County, Michigan Federal Census, Bingham, Clinton, Michigan; Roll: M593_669; Page: 418; Image: 282., Ancestry.com, www.ancestry.com.
indexed as "Ivery" , Bingham Twp.
- 1880 Lake County, Michigan Federal Census, Cherry Valley, Lake, Michigan; Roll: T9_589; Family History Film: 1254589; Page: 63.3000; E, 1880, Ancestry.com.
John Avery and family enumerated in Bingham Twp.
- 1900 Lake County, MI Federal Census, Cherry Valley, Lake, Michigan; Roll: T623 724; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 11., Ancestry.com.
- 1910 Lake County, Michigan Federal Census, Cherry Valley, Lake, Michigan; Roll: T624_658; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 13; Image: 6, 1910, Ancestry.com.
Son Adolphus on same enumeration page.
Return to Groupsheet